Saturday, May 22, 2010

Reverse Shallow Depth

1. Foreground Pipe: May 21st, 2010; 3:00 p.m.; Bannack, MT; f/ 2.7; 1/20 sec.; Enhancements: Levels, Contrast and Brightness, Vibrance
2. Background Sharp; May 21st, 2010; 3:00 p.m.; Bannack. MT; f/2.7, 1/13 sec.; Enhancements: Levels, Contrast and Brightness, Vibrance.

I took two shots of the exact same scene with reverse focus points. The first one was with the foreground in sharp focus, and the background blurred. Then I did the exact opposite with the foreground  blurred and the background in sharp focus. In order to do this I used the Aperature Priority Setting on my camera to choose a small F-stop which is what got me that small area of focus. I pointed the camera at the center of the thing that was in focus, and then re-framed the camera to shot the same subject or composition twice. Both shots that I took have a shallow depth of field.


1 comments:

Lee Bartelme said...

The pipe looks really cool. I like the flake of metal that is coming off of it. It looks really cool.

Post a Comment