Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Panoramic

Temple Panos: May 17th, 2010;8:00 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/2,7; 1/500 sec.; SONY DSC-H50; Enhancements: Balanced: Levels, Brightness/Contrast, Saturation using Adjustment layers with a burned border, using a multiply layer and selection tool to "cutout" the center.

This was really neat. I wanted to take a picture of the temple, but there was so much construction that it was hard to find a good place where that wouldn't be included. The problem then was that I was too close to get the whole temple in the shot, so I decided to do a vertical pano and use the space that I did have to just make a big temple photo. I think that the end result was pretty cool. I went through my photos and looked for the 6 that I took for this purpose, then I opened Photoshop, went to File-Automate-Photomerge, choosing auto and then selecting the 6 original photos from their file. Then I just let the program do its magic. With the photomerge pano I cropped out all of the hard edges making it one smooth image. I then went to Layer-Flatten Image. This helped take care of the jagged edges that appeared inside the photo. I then used adjustment layers to enhance the levels, brightness and constrast, and the vibrance and saturation. I then added a multiply layer to enhance the sky and masked out the temple to keep the brightness of the white temple. Then I added a very slight small burned border to add a complete professional effect. I really like the end result!

Grass and Rocks Panos : May 17th, 2010;7:35 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/2.8; 1/30 sec.; SONY DSC-H50; Enhancements: Balanced: Levels, Brightness/Contrast, Saturation using Adjustment layers
This was an interesting little pipe that was decaying in the ground that I really liked. I decided that I would use a pano to take it since it didn't fit into one frame or shot. So, in order to do this I did the same thing I did with the first one:  I went through my photos and looked for the 6 that I took for this purpose, then I opened Photoshop, went to File-Automate-Photomerge, choosing auto and then selecting the 6 original photos from their file. Then I just let the program do its magic. With the photomerge pano I cropped out all of the hard edges making it one smooth image. I then went to Layer-Flatten Image. This helped take care of the jagged edges that appeared inside the photo. I then used adjustment layers to enhance the levels, brightness and constrast, and the vibrance and saturation. And then, Poof! It was done!









5 comments:

Laura Rovig said...

The temple pano is GORGEOUS! I love the sky/clouds effect. I also like that this looks very complete...it also looks like it could be on a poster!I would love to watch you apply the effects in photoshop!

Dustin Olsen! said...

I really liked your temple picture! I never thought of doing a vertical pano of that the way you did. Great job! What I like most about it is how you think you could get that same shot in just one, but you did a great job in getting it into a pano. The sky looks awesome and the color pop really well!

Jamie Williams said...

The temple picture is amazing! The vertical pano was such a good idea. The colors in the sky looks great! Good job!

Jace said...

Wow, this photo looks great! I like the angle that you used, and the colors are great. I like the perspective that the panoramic gives your photo, it kind of looks like you used a fish eye lens. Great job!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the Temple Panoramic. Ive been trying to get a photo like that, but never knew about photomerge in Photoshop. great colors and edit! Great job!

Post a Comment