Saturday, May 22, 2010

Portraits

 
1. Jamie Williams; May 21st, 2010; 10:10 a.m.; Dubois, ID; f/2.8; 1/10000 sec.; SONY DSC-H50; Enhancements: I first started in Camera Raw with basic edits, then brought image into Photoshop. Then, I converted the image to Smart Object by going to Smart filter. I then added a filter by going to: Filter-Convert for Smart Filters-Noise-Median. This gave the skin a nice smooth effect and also increased the bokeh. I masked out her whole body except but her skin and then whatever was in the foreground, leaving the background smooth. I then finished by adding a burned border.

2. Erica Arguello; May 21st, 2010; 2:10 p.m.; Bannack, MT; f/5.6; 1/30 sec.; SONY DSC-H50; Enhancements: I first started simple edits in Camera Raw and then brought image into Photoshop. This is where I was able to add a filter, like the one above to smooth the skin, but masking out everything else so that she looks sharp and defined. I then added a burned border to make it look more finished.

3. Josh Peterson; May 21st, 2010; 1:59 p.m.; Bannack. MT; f/3.2; 1/30 sec.; SONY DSC-H50; Enhancements: I imported this photo into HDR to see what it could do, then I opened it into Photoshop to do a few fixes with skin and such to just add a little bit more of a professional look.
These portraits were so fun to take! I have never spent much time photographing people as subjects, but have now found that I really enjoy it. I would love to get better at this and continue to take photos of friends and family from now on!

3 comments:

Katrina said...

I really like all of these portraits. They have nice angles. The one of Erica has a nice background that makes it look like it was taken in a studio.

sarahels said...

I love your portraits! The one of Erica is amazing. She is posed well with a great background. You also used great angles in your portraits. Good job!

Anonymous said...

These are awesome portraits!!! Like Sarah and Katrina, the one of Erica is my favorites!! Great choice of edits. It looks perfectly exposed and very sharp and clear. Great work!!

Post a Comment