Saturday, May 22, 2010

Action Blur and Freeze



1.Girl Ghost; May 21st, 2010; 2:00 p.m.; Bannack, MT; f/3.2; 1/4 sec.; SONY DSC-H50; Enhancements: I imported four images with three different exposures, -2, 0, 0 and +.3. These worked together to get the darker or more exposed hallway. While these were being taken Erica was also walking through the doorways giving me a great ghost photo with a normal exposure. It was a great experience with learning HDR and how when using a tripod you can do lots of different things! Here are the original images:


2. Group of Ghosts; May 21st, 2010; 2:15 p.m.; Bannack, MT; f/3.5; 5.0 sec.; SONY DSC-H50; Enhancements: Levels, Contrast and Brightness, and Vibrance adjustment layers were all used to help enhance the original photo.

These shots were really fun to take. In order to blur the action I used a tripod so that the background would be sharp and then changed the shutter speed to 5.0 seconds so that I could get in the right amount of light. I then had the subject start walking in one place and continue to walk slowly towards me or across the hall. You can see the result above: transparent people that appear to be ghosts.


1. Girls on the Circle Swing: May 21st, 2010; 1:00 p.m.;Bannack, MT;  f/8.0; 1/160 sec.; SONY DSC-H50; Enhancements: Levels, Brightness and Contrast, Vibrance


2. Moving Circle Swing: May 21st, 2010; 1:30 p.m.; Bannack, MT; f/8.0; 1/200 sec.; SONY DSC-H50; Enhancements: Levels, Brightness and Contrast, Vibrance.

Freezing Action meant that I needed to be in a bright space and use a faster shutter speed in order to stop the movement that I was shooting. My subjects were spinning on the swing  with their legs out. I was able to caputre their movement so that everything was frozen.

1 comments:

Katrina said...

I really like the one of all the "ghosts." It kind of looks like they are coming after you. I also like the one of the swing it doesn't even look like the swing was moving at all.

Post a Comment