Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Camera Raw


1. Old Truck;  May 17th, 2010: 7:55 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/2.8; 1/13 sec.; SONY DSC-H50; Enhancements: Camera Raw
2. Enhanced Truck; May 18th, 2010

This was so fun! I didn't know that there were so many thing that you could do using Camera Raw. It really makes the picture come alive more. I decided to use a photo that was really really flat so that I could really see the difference between the edited one and the original. I enhanced the levels, brightness and contrast, added a little bit more black and mid tones. Then I went in and played with the camera calibration. I was able to take each color and individual enhance the ones that I wanted more, so I pulled out more of the red tones so that the truck stuck out more.

4 comments:

Laura Rovig said...

Awesome!I love the green hues in the background that offset the orange and red hues in the foreground. The unedited photo's look like any other photo I take and the retouched one looks so professional!

Dustin Olsen! said...

I would have to agree with Laura's comment. Your skills in Camera Raw are very good! Boosting the colors in the truck just add so much life to the picture and just make it a night and day contrast between the camera raw file and the original. Great job!!

Jamie Williams said...

The colors look spectacular in the raw image. You are so good at editing photos. I also really like the angle of the photo. It's definitely eye-catching.

Jace said...

I like your angle on the truck, it just makes it stand out more. The RAW really boosted this pic even more. You have some wicked skill!

Post a Comment