Monday, June 7, 2010

Editing Project 365

 
1. Original Template; Designed June 7th, 2010
2. Weekly Template filled: June 1st-7th, 2010

I started with one of the templates that we were given and then suddenly I had erased almost everything that was put on there and how the layout was. I decided to go with something a little bit more elegant and yet simple. I like flowy lines with big strokes. I added a few different strokes behind all of the photos and then changed the text to match, with a strong simple arial for the dates so that it showed a little contrast and was very readable. I then took each individual photo and used the move tool to move them onto the layout image. I then moved the image on top of the white box layer that it was going to move into. I then selected the layer with the image and then right clicked that layer and selected the clipping mask option. It automatically was masked onto the layer underneath it, which put it into the white box selected for it to belong to. I was then able to size the image and move it around within the box to where I wanted it for this project. Doing this makes it easy to exchange different images and re-use or re-design the template over and over again!

4 comments:

Erica Arguello said...

I LOVE THIS! I think it looks really great. Good job. I like how it is simple, but it catches your eye. I like the border and how crisp it looks.

Anonymous said...

You did a good job. I can relate to all of a sudden not having anything on your page as well. But you did a great job of making something engaging and simple with only a few lines.

Jamie Williams said...

This is so cute! It is so creative and I love how it creates a nice flow movement for the eyes. Good job!

Justin said...

great job, the typeface definitely relates to the overall design. I think the straight white accent lines are a little distracting though, i wonder what it would look like with the opacity bumped down, or possibly a less contrasty color.

Post a Comment