Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Edited Portraits


 
 
 
 
1. James Original: May 21st, 2010; 10:23 a.m.; Dubois, ID; f/3.2; 1/80 sec. SONY DSC H50
2. James Edited:
For this image I was able to Replace Color for his shirt and change it from a light blue to a light greenish yellow. I did this by copying the layer that I wanted to start working on, and then went to Adjustments-Replace Color. Then, I selected his shirt and increased the fuzziness to allow for the general color to be replaced. I then changed the color, but decreased the staturation so that the color looked more natural.
3. Ryan Senior Picture; Sept. 15th, 2010; 6:45 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/2.8; 1/100 sec.; Cannon Powershot
4. Ryan Edited:
I was able to really use Photoshop and clear up his skin and made a few other adjustments. I was able to edit his eyes and help his teeth look a little bit more white. This really did help to just add the last touch to his senior picture. This is a skill that I will continue to use whenever I take portraits.
5. Taya Williamson; May 28th, 2010; 9:47 a.m.; Sunnyvale, CA; f/ 2.8; 1/1600 sec.; SONY DSC-H50
6. Taya Playing; May 28th, 2010; 9:20 a.m.; Sunnyvale, CA; f/ 2.7; 1.8 sec.; SONY DSC-H50
7. Taya Edited:
For this photo I used the Color Match feature of Photoshop. I went to Image-Adjustment-Color Match and used the second photo listed to see if I could get her skin to look a little darker. After I clicked on adding the second photo as the selection Photoshop worked its magic and just changed the coloring of the photo. In general I am not sure how I will use this in the future, but I want to try it with other photos that I have to see if it can help with the overall color.

5 comments:

Lee Bartelme said...

Great job on the edits. The first one with the shirt has a very smooth edit. You really can't tell the shirt had a color change.

Jeralyn said...

I like the color change, like Lee said, it's a really smooth transition; you wouldn't even know. I think his face looks a little too pink/red though, not sure if it's just on here or if that's how it looks to you too. That's something that is a quick fix in Photoshop though.

Andrea said...

I also like the color change with James shirt. I think the color changed helped so the shirt didn't look blown out on the one side. I also like your second portrait. It is an interesting angle and I think it works.

Lishelle Simpson said...

These portraits are great! I really like the second shooting. I like the editing that you did in this shot. It makes him stand out better. I also really like the pictures of Taya. Very cute portrait!

Katie said...

I like what you did to your brothers picture! His skin looks really smooth! Also the coloring of the picture looks really nice!

Post a Comment