Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Old Photographs




1.  China Town; 7.27.2009 ; 3:26 p.m.; San Fransisco, CA; f/10.5; 1/160; Sony DSC-S980 I used photoshop to desaturate this photograph of the side of the street and then used a watercolor artistic filter for a different artistic look.
2. My nephew Sam in his halloween robot costume; 10.24.2009; 5:57 p.m.; Sandy, UT; f/2.8 ; 1/13; Sony DSC-H50
3. The beach in the warf; 7.27.2009; 5:09 p.m.; San Fransisco, CA; f/8.3 ; 1/500; Sony DSC-S980
4. View of the Golden Gate Bridge; 7. 29.2009; 12:59 p.m.; San Fransisco, CA; f/11.3 ; 1/400; Sony DSC-S980
5. The Palace of Fine Arts; 7.29.2009; 12:48 p.m.; San Fransisco, CA; f/5.7 ; 1/500; Sony DSC-S980 With this photo I took three for a view that was more like a panoramic view. Then, I used photoshop to desaturate the photograph and balance the brightness and contrast levels. \

There are many things that I love, but here are a few. I spent lots of time in San Fransisco and have loved the beautiful areas and diversity of that area. I have loved taking pictures of some of my favorite places to go while I am there. I have also added a picture of one of my nephews. He was so excited for Halloween that he got into his costume and was ready to be photographed over and over again. It was fun to take pictures and watch him smile! The pictures that I chose also show the diversity of subjects that I enjoy photographing. I also really do like black and white photography, but I thought that it would be good to add some color phorographs for a little contrast!


5 comments:

Joshua said...

I really love black and white photos,and with that in mind the first and last photos I really like. Your photo composition is great. The pastel colors on the boat on the beach I found to be great too.

Andrea said...

I love the picture of the bridge. Great colors and composition. Is that fog at the top of the bridge? It looks way cool. My second favorite picture is of China town. I like the filter you put on the photo. I think it gives it a nice look.

SethLofgreen said...

Love the black and white urban photo. The photo of the kid and pumpkins is great. Some bokeh would really add to the photo. The same goes for the row boat picture. Bokeh would really make the boat stand out from the rest of the distracting background. Another way to compose the rowboat shot would be to get closer and chop some of the boat off and get some shallow depth of field? Great shots!

Kris Fryer said...

I really like the bridge photo as well as the panorama! They all look really nice but the last two really grab my attention. I agree with Seth on the boat picture. It would definitely make the boat stand out a lot more. You have some really nice photos though!

Lishelle Simpson said...

I love your photos! I really like how you change up the angle of the shot to make the photos that more interesting like you did in the photo with the boat and the boy on the pumpkin. I can tell that you are a great photographer!

Post a Comment